Saturday, September 2, 2023

Via Terra Medical Kit


 

September 2, 2023

I bought a small flat medical bag from Via Terra for a little more than Rs 400. It is very well made and fits most of the stuff I carry in a medical kit during my trips. So far I was using a Lowe Pro dry bag (it's not dry at all) with a roll top. That is a little round and more bulky. This is flatter and more sleek. 

Via Terra sells it as a toileteries kit. I have a Deuter for that. 

I quite like the Via Terra things. They are well stitched bags. I have a cycling seat post bag from them that is going strong for a long time now.

This medical kit has a bunch of basic tablets. A couple of Electrals. A ball of cotton wool, a gauge, plaster tape, several band aids, a pain spray, Dettol and a tube of Boroline. I had to take off one gauge and a tube of antiseptic cream because otherwise it was becoming fat in the middle. I shall see if I can get a smaller cotton wool ball. That might allow the second gauge to go in.

I normally carry one pack of Electral for every day's walk/ride plus two. For a long trek like an EBC this will have to be carried somewhere else and not in the medical kit. 

Via Terra has a medical kit bag also but it seemed too small and basic for my purpose. 

My regular medicines will not fit in this. That I have to carry in another small packet. This is more of a first aid kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment