Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Rab Venant

19th September, 2023

For my 59th birthday I got Monisha to gift me a pair of Rab Venant trousers. I bought it off Amazon because we have a lot of Amazon vouchers available with us. Monisha got them as gift from her office on completion of her 30 years with them. It cost us Rs 5950 and frankly if I had to pay it in cash I don't think I would buy them. I have never worn trousers that are these expensive. And this is after a good discount. The actual price is more than 9K !!!

I bought it in size 30 and colour cummin. It fits me quite well. Both around the waist and length. It feels very stretchy. Even the pocket material feels stretchy. It has one vertical pocket with a zip on the right leg and four other regular pockets. One of the hip pockets has a deep side pocket with it that has a loop on top. I have no idea what that is for. Actually these are positioned as rock climbing pants. So perhaps they have some technical utility. I am not sure. One of the belt loops on the back also has another loop. Again I am clueless why. You could perhaps hang a few carabiners from there. There is one other loop kind of thing on the left leg of the pants. Again I have no idea what that is for. 

What I like about this pair is that it's very very light and should dry fast. I have a Marmot that I use for trekking. But the only problem with that is it's very very large for me on the waist. I have reduced around my waist since buying them plus they are at least one size larger than they should be. I mean if this is 34, I would need 28 perhaps. 

This Rab fits me fine. It has an elastic kind of waist with two buttons in the front. They are small and you have to pay attention while closing them. But that's okay. 

Being rock climbing pants I am hoping that they will be tought and durable. They feel very comfortable. I will add more comments when I do at least one trek in them. I guess these will be my principal trekking pants now, with the Marmot going as a spare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment