Saturday, September 9, 2023

RE Vamos Gloves

 


My Rynox gloves didn't last me for more than 10,000 kilometers and two and a half years. I had to finally discard them and went for a pair of RE Vamos in brown colour. The gloves came in yesterday (5th September, 2023) and I started riding at 11,420 km. From Amazon (with voucher) and cost me Rs 2940.

I chose 2XL a size that is more than my normal size. I have a feeling the tight fit of the Rynox is one of the reasons why the gloves tore off. Near the finger and also near the palm protector.

The Vamos looks nice but it is done in a more cheapo way than the Rynox. The palm protectors are from Knox all right but they seem a little smaller than the ones used by Rynox. The velcro straps on the wrist are also much smaller. 

However, the knuckle guards here are original Knox, while Rynox gave some other brand. 

Otherwise it looks like a well made pair. While the Rynox had mesh on the sides of the fingers, this is a pure leather pair all the way. The touchscreen compatibility of the Vamos works better than my Rynox and it's available on both the hands. This is a definite plus. 

The inner stitches are a bit rough, particularly at the tip of the left index finger. I am hoping they will settle with use. Of course the larger size is also a reason why I can feel it. 

Let me see how long they last. I use it for my daily rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment