Saturday, September 2, 2023

Power Sports Shoes

My Asics gave way for the second time during our trip to Baharampur last month. Instead of repairing them for the Nth time, I went for a new pair of general purpose sports shoes. My Timberland had already given way for the second time when I replaced it with the Salewa hiking boots last month. 

After much deliberations among the various brands like Asics, Adidas, Nike and Puma I decided to go cheap and got myself this Power. Let me see how long they last. They cost me a little more than Rs 1200 off Amazon. I wore them only once so far to go to Exide for a chat with Satyaki. 

On the way I got stuck in the rain and had to stand like an adjutant for about 40 minutes. I got severe cramp in my calves and hip flexors after that. I don't know if that was due to the new shoes. 

Compared to my Asics these are not that comfortable. But one has to remember they are about a tenth of the cost of my Asics Gel Cumulus. So ...

On second thoughts, I might experiment with a pair of insoles and see how comfortable they get.

I remember buying my first pair of Power Joggers as a  student way back in the 80s and almost floating home from the Lake Market Bata store. It was a pair of ash coloured shoes that I wore and wore and wore for years. Another such favourite pair of sneakers was my black on black Reebok Classic. That was in the beginning of this century and I wore it everywhere. In the early 90s I used to wear a lot of white leather Lottos. 

This Power is a bit greenish. I bought it because it was the cheapest.among all the colours.  The sticker price is more than Rs 1600.


No comments:

Post a Comment