Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Long Nose Pliers & Adjustable Spanner


Today I had gone to the Bentinck Street area and took the opportunity to get for myself a pair of Long Nose Pliers (Taparia 1430N 170 mm) and an Adjustable Spanner (Taparia 1171N-8 205 mm). Together they cost me Rs 410. One for Rs 220 and the other for Rs 190. I can't remember which one cost how much. 

I bought them from my tested and trusted small tools supplier - Bhanubhai Desai on the corner of the lane in which you have the ABP office. Taparia is a good brand to go for. But I think the internet offers more choice and better price for these tools vis-a-vis Bhanubhai. Taparia itself has several types of long nose pliers. There is another type whose tips are pointed. Mine are rounded. Then there are various sizes. I am not even talking about various other brands that are available on Amazon or Flipkart. 

This is not really a review of the tools for their performance. Just a diary note to remember when I bought them and for how much. The spanner has a small measuring scale to measure the size of the gap/nut. I wonder if anyone uses it with any serious intent and purpose. But it looks cool. The nut with which you slide the spanner to adjust the size could be smoother. It gets stuck sometimes. It should smoothen up with use. But I don't have daily use of these tools. Specific tools are needed for specific types of work. If the right tool is not there for the right job, the work does not get done. 

The pair of pliers seemed a little small for my grip. The spanner is also not the largest. It's just 8 inches long. Longer would give better leverage but weigh more and take more space if I travel with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment