Sunday, July 8, 2018

Anker Solar Charger

Ever since Mezda brought me the Anker solar charger I have not had a chance to test it out. It has been cloudy almost every Sunday. Today I saw a nice beam of sunlight coming through the window in our bedroom. This was at around 3 pm after my late Sunday lunch. 

I set up the charger on the mattress which is laid on the floor (we don't use any bed but sleep on the floor instead). It is very very simple. Just unfold it, lay it out in the sun and connect the USB chord to whatever you want to charge. In my case I charged our power bank. What I realised is that it works perfect when the sun is strong. If it gets cloudy it stops charging. Obviously solar chargers will work only when the sun is out. There is a red light that glows showing that the charging mechanism is on. 

I will have to do a more thorough experiment to see how fast it charges a power bank or a phone.  

I intend to take it on my treks where charging the phone and other devices can be an issue because there is no electricity in the Indian Himalaya. Let me see how it works in the field. One can also use it in the car on office days. My car stays parked out in the open and under the strong sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment