Saturday, June 2, 2018

Adidas Compression Socks


Bought a pair of running socks from Adidas. The official name is quite a mouthful. Unisex Running Essential Compression Socks. I chose size 404M for my UK 8 feet. These cost me Rs 499 with free delivery in a beautifully made cardboard box. The socks are black with yellow markings. They run up to the knees. 

The compression is not very hard and the feeling is very comfortable. There is cushioning under the arch, toes and heel. Even where there is no cushioning the material is fairly thick.  These are technical socks. So the left sock (marked L) is for left foot and the right sock (marked R) is for the right foot. The material is described by Adidas in this language. Made of 59% Polyester, 37% Polyamide, 3% Elastane and 1% Others


I wore them last evening in the office itself and didn't take them off because they were so comfortable. I have never worn any socks that are as comfortable as these. Even back home I didn't take them off and changed into my shorts and T and went for a round of skipping. 50x3 plus 27 of left right drill. Didn't feel the plantar fasciitis pain. I intend to do this every evening till the Stok Kangri trek. In fact I think one can easily take these for high altitude treks as well. Apart from being comfortable and giving compression to the feet, these might be quick to dry. I have to find that out though. 


Now I have to see how durable they are and how many miles they last. I would be happy if they lasted 200 km. At this price it's a steal. No doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment