Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Asics 5-in Split running shorts

The first shop I went into in Amsterdam was an Asics concept store. It's near the Light Supply area. Quite prominent and fairly large store. Here I saw the 5-in split running shorts. Available at € 30. On my second visit to the store I bought it after a trial wear.

This is clearly one of the most expensive running gear I have ever purchased, apart from my shoes and a pair of Adidas compression pants. Is it worth it? Well, I don't really know. But if you leave the cost bit aside, it is certainly a great pair of running shorts. It is very light, airy, roomy, stylish. It dries out in real quick time. These are what many elite marathoners wear. And that's precisely the reason why I bought them :-) You may not run like an elite marathoner but you must look and feel like one !!! That's my motto in life - like it or hate it :-)

Almost all the running shorts that I have worn have had problems with the crutch area. They are perhaps a little too tight for free movement of the legs. Like you cannot really do a full squat without adjusting them a bit. This one has no such problem whatsoever.

My most favourite running shorts so far has been the New Balance that I had bought years ago. That material is a little more plasticky than this. It's unbreathable. But it lasted forever except that its stitches around the crutch broke. This one might well outlast that without anything breaking.

The Asics shorts have only one real problem. It has a pathetic little pocket meant only for a mobile phone. I normally run with a fat Turkish face towel. It is very difficult to shove that in. The pouch of the pocket hangs on the back - on the side of the thigh. That makes shoving something very difficult. However, if you want to carry a phone - it's ideal.

I am wearing it for every evening run now, meaning three times a week. Let me see how long it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment