Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Cycle Repair Tools

Today four tools arrived from Ice Toolz for cycle repairs. Exadsports is the official importer and I bought from them directly. I had to wait for them for a long time. As they had run out of all their tools and were waiting for the new consignment to arrive from Taiwan. Even then I didn't get everything that I wanted. The chain whip for taking out cassettes is still not available. 



I bought these four items. One pedal wrench. A cassette remover lock nut with pin. A chain link breaking tool and a nipple driver. Without taking the items out of their packaging, I placed order for a tool box from Stanley. I think I need a dedicated tool box for my bike tools. The Stanley box seemed to be going quite cheap. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. 

I have been using the adjustable wrench to remove and instal my pedals. While it does the job, it is better to have a dedicated tool for it because the adjustable wrench can and does put scratch marks on the crank arm. Because they are not as thin as the professional tool. The dedicated tool that I bought is much thinner and should be able to do a cleaner job. 

The nipple driver is not really what I wanted and I didn't know what I was ordering. It is meant for driving nipples using a power tool (like a Bosch type drilling machine). I have such power tool but I am not sure I want to learn driving nipples on spokes using a power tool right away. I might damage the spoke or the rim or both. I would rather carefully hand turn the driver. It will be a slow process and take time. There is another dedicated tool for doing it manually. But I cannot see it on the Exad website now. The Park Tool version is almost Rs 1500 and out of stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment