Monday, November 19, 2018

Adjustable Spanner

I call it an adjustable wrench. The official name, I guess is, water pump wrench/spanner/pliers. Whatever it is called, it is a very useful thing to have in the tool box. I had this before. But it is lost somewhere in the other house. One of the many tools I have lost due to there being no tool box. I am sure one day I will find it out and then I will have the luxury of having two spanners. 

It comes handy in plumbing kind of work. I have used it to open the tap in our Metro Park house. You cannot in fact open a tap without this tool. I have also seen cycle mechanics use it for attaching/removing pedals and other plier kind of jobs. It is certainly a versatile kind of tool. 

I bought this today from Bhanubhai Desai for Rs 330. Amazon charges Rs 348 plus courier. I had gone to R.N. Mukherjee Road. On the way back I picked it up for the new tool box.

I thought at Rs 330 it was a little on the expensive side. I asked Bhanubhai to show me something less expensive. But what they gave me didn't seem worth taking home. It would probably rust very soon and it definitely weighed a lot more. I kept it aside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment