Saturday, August 12, 2017

My Amsterdam Purchases

Last night I came back from a very short trip to Amsterdam. It was a dealers' conference with lots of internal company managers. I was one of them. It was a short 3-day trip to the beautiful city. 

I took the opportunity of the visit to buy a few items related to my passion for trekking. All very functional things that are either not available in India or are very expensive if available here. 

I will just note down the main items in one place and hence this post. I will later individually review them. 

The absolute first item that I bought was a Black Diamond Storm. As much as 350 lumens of light. It came with 4 new Duracell batteries. Next on the agenda were two 20 lit Sea to Summit dry bags. One for Mampu and another for myself. I later realised that both come in the same dull blue colour. Next in line was a Granger detergent to wash my rainwear and other delicate type items. I finished the visit to Bever with two Nite Ize S-biners. 

After these two I also bought a 5-in Asics split from the Asics concept store next to Bever. But the most important purchase was from Kathmandu - a pair of Meindl Antelao mid rise boots. I also topped it off with a Nik Wax.

I had originally intended to buy the Scarpa R-Evolution from Bever but they goofed up my order on Monday and on Wednesday when I went to get it they said the original order was never placed. Quite a disgusting state of efficiency.

Anyway, the Meindl is a very good fit. One never knows how the Scarpa would have been. But it was available at a very good price as it was on discount. But anyway. All's well that ends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment